We hope this blog finds you healthy, safe and flexible to the rapid changes we are all experiencing. Did you ever think you'd use the word PIVOT so much?
IN THIS POST:
- DUE AUGUST 31 @ 5PM | Invest Atlanta COVID-19 Small Business Grants
- MEETING RECORDING| 8.18.20 General Meeting Minutes
- COVID-19 LIABILITY | New law protects businesses from COVID-19 related lawsuits with appropriate receipt statement and signage
- NATIONAL MAIN STREET SURVEY | Important information is needed to help EABA sustain our future.
- EAST ATLANTA STRUT | Sign up to Strut Your Business by 9/10/20
- NEW DEKALB BETTER BUSINESS LOAN PROGRAM | Applications open August 27, 2020
READ ON FOR MORE INFORMATION
INVEST ATLANTA RESURGENCE GRANT FUND
APPLICATIONS DUE ON MONDAY AUGUST 31ST @ 5PM!
READ THIS Quick Overview of Requirements
Link to Resurgence Grant Fund
Link to Strength in Beauty Fund
Qualified city of Atlanta businesses have a few more days to apply for the Resurgence Grant Fund, a new program to help Atlanta’s small businesses recover from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The fund offers businesses the opportunity to apply for up to $40,000 to help them cover pandemic-related costs such as complying with requirements necessary for businesses to operate safely plus a credit of up to $10,000 of no-cost technical assistance services.
The Resurgence Grant Fund is made possible by a $22 million allocation of federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).Applications close for all programs on August 31, 2020. Visit www.investatlanta.com, email email@example.com or call 404-880-7255 for more information on program eligibility and requirements, educational events, and the online application process.
Meeting Video Recording
Meeting Audio Only
PROTECT YOUR BUSINESS FROM COVID-19 LAWSUITS
CHECK OUT THE BLOG FOR SPECIFICS
- Receipt Statement
- Posted Sign at Business
HELP EABA | FILL OUT THESE SURVEYSPlease take 10-15 minutes to fill out this survey by August 28th.
The National Main Street Center designed a custom survey to help the Atlanta Main Street Fellowship Districts (East Atlanta, Sweet Auburn, West End and Westview) better understand the impacts of COVID-19 and the recent civil unrest on our business communities in order to elevate potential solutions and paths toward greater resiliency.
YOUR BUSINESS CAN STILL PARTICIPATE-IN A DIFFERENT WAY!
Think Small Business Saturday meets Oakhurst Porchfest Saturday September 26th, 12:00-6:00.
No street closures, no crowds
INTERESTED? The Strut organization will match them with artists, other businesses, or bands that they can "host" at their village location.
- The Strut can also provide volunteers to help a business with an activity or the business can do it on their own.
- Lots of people will be partying in their yards, so it would be great for restaurants to offer a special Strut carry-out pack
SIGN UP BY 9/10/20 AT https://eastatlantastrut.com/strut-your-business/
- Activities throughout the business and residential areas.
- No big, single events nor specific times
- There will be live streams from different areas during the festival for those that are housebound.
- This in an effort to keep everyone safe, socially distanced, but still able to enjoy both the Village and the neighborhood.
- The Strut will take care of publicity and marketing, but businesses are welcome to do their own.
- Sponsor the Strut: https://eastatlantastrut.com/sponsor-in-place/
NEW DEKALB LOAN PROGRAM IF YOU DID NOT GET PPP | APPLICATIONS OPEN AUGUST 27, 2020
Loan proceeds will provide capital to businesses that are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. Over the three (3) month period
after the Loan is made, Borrowers may use the proceeds for any pre-approved combination of the following eligible expenses:
• Payroll (gross federal wages)
• State unemployment taxes and local taxes
• Employee benefits
• Business mortgage interest
• Business property rent payments
• Commercial property utilities
• Interest on other business debts
• Payroll costs are capped at $100,000 on an annualized basis for each employee. During the 3-month period after the Loan is made, businesses may be required to maintain payroll compensation and employee levels equal to or greater than the 3-month pre-Covid19 period of October through December 2019.
READ MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Thank you to our 61 members for supporting EABA!
Join us 3rd Tuesday of the Month
Virtual Zoom Meetings for 2020
Register in Advance @ EastAtlantaBiz.com
Become A Member of EABA